Time for turkey
PCC Taste | November 2013
There’s a reason to buy your Thanksgiving turkey at PCC — you can be assured it's healthy and raised with care by the Diestel family in California. The Diestels give their birds freedom to roam and a wholesome vegetarian diet. The result is juicy, flavorful turkeys you’ll love as the center of your big meal. We have three varieties: free-range Original, organic Heidi’s Hens, and organic American Heirloom.
Five more ideas for turkey leftovers
Use the flavors of global cuisines for inspired leftovers:
- Try a Thanksgiving-inspired version of the traditional Vietnamese baguette sandwich (Báhn mì).
- Make stacked turkey enchiladas. Feta cheese and green enchilada sauce are a nice twist on flavors.
- Make turkey Thai curry with coconut milk and red curry paste. Serve over rice, with a squeeze of lime and sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
- Make mac and cheese from scratch, with white cheddar and leeks. Tuck in some leftover turkey.
- Try Indian-style Mulligatawny soup with turkey, rice and vegetables, seasoned with curry and coconut milk.
Make prep easy with our all-in-one turkey brining kit
The Gourmet Gobbler Complete Turkey Kit from Urban Accents includes a Spiced Brine Blend, a heavy-duty brine bag (for turkeys up to 24 lbs), and a Gourmet Gobbler Herb Peppercorn Rub. It makes it easy to roast, grill or deep-fry your turkey with juicy, delicious results.