PCC Taste October 2013
what's inside > October 2013
From creamy to chunky, spicy to savory, we've got stews to satisfy, plus pairing recommendations from our beer experts.
The fresh, sweet flavor of pumpkin is a beautiful match for both desserts and savory dishes. Get tips on how to use it.
Embrace autumn with three different menus that highlight the season’s best.
Discover nine of our favorite pumpkin items, from chips to coconut milk, and celebrate the preeminent flavor of fall.
Get pointers on storing, cleaning and cooking mushrooms. You’ll find a selection of cultivated and foraged fresh mushrooms, including chanterelles, at PCC.
Embrace the month and all it has to offer with pumpkin painting parties, suggestions for fondue and more.
Also in this issue
- What's in store for fall — Bagged apples for farm-to-table education, Halloween treats, Morning Glory Chai, kids vitamins and fall favorites in the PCC Deli.
- PCC bulk spotlight: liquids — Buying bulk liquids is both a breeze and a bargain.
- Toast every day — Need ideas for a quick, healthy, creative breakfast? These tasty toast toppers are a great way to go.
- Ask the nutritionist — Salmon, easily the most iconic food in the Northwest, likely will become the first ever genetically engineered animal for human consumption.
- Peak season: winter squash — Varied in color and often wacky in shape, winter squash is versatile and chock-full of flavor.