PCC Taste December 2012
what's inside > December 2012
Savor sweet Satsumas; decorate your home with a local, handcrafted holiday wreath; and order a complete holiday meal from the PCC Deli.
Fourteen ideas to start the party and impress your guests.
Create a delicious gift based on a theme. We share our top picks for the food lover in your life, from the perfect vinaigrette to fancy snacks to an intriguing selection of artisanal chocolates.
Do spices offer any health benefits? You might be surprised how potent cinnamon, turmeric, ginger and other favorites can be.
Taste the best kept secret of small French vineyards that's also a great value.
Step-by-step tips to put together a stunning cheese platter, including just the right accompaniments and favorite local pairings.
Missing a key ingredient as you mix up that cookie dough or cake batter? No problem.
Also in this issue
- Crown your holiday feast — With a decadent rib roast, tender leg of lamb or a rich, rosy slab of Copper River Salmon.
- Featured recipe — Maple Butter Cookies
- Seasonal beverages — Festive drinks for the holiday season, perfect for sharing with your guests or savoring privately when the crowds clear out.
- Locally made gifts — Eco-friendly toys, handcrafted candles, soap and more.
- Five cookbooks worth sharing — Inspiring titles for the cook in your life.
- Chatterbox — The holidays bring out the cook in each of us. Don't miss our new Quick Cooks video series!