PCC Taste September 2012
what's inside > September 2012
Bid the summer season farewell with fresh, flavorful dishes that showcase the best of the harvest.
Discover dozens of tips for using local, seasonal, organic produce.
Learn why more than 90 percent of the produce at PCC is organically grown (hint: it's for more than just great flavor).
Quick, what's for lunch? Our nutritionist provides her top suggestions for what to pack in that lunch box or brown bag.
Make Fresh White Corn, Bacon and Cheddar Popovers for a savory breakfast treat.
How do great chefs make the most of fabulous ingredients? Learn how to put their tricks of the trade to good use at home.
Beans are one of nature's perfect foods — high-fiber, low-fat, with antioxidants and eight grams of protein in every 1/2-cup serving. Learn how to cook 'em from scratch!
Also in this issue
- The greatest thing since sliced bread — Take everyday sandwich-making to a whole new level with expertly crafted, artisan loaves.
- What's in store — Toast Oktoberfest with our favorite harvest brews, enjoy freshly baked challah for Rosh Hashanah, and drink sustainably with eco-friendly metal water bottles made in Washington.
- Quick and easy recipe — Asian Noodle Salad with Toasted Sesame Dressing
- Bacon — Five great picks including locally produced options, bacon to top your pizza and smoky strips made from tempeh.
- Pack it up! — Simple, ready-to-go snacks for the school year.
- Chatterbox — Check out what was hot this summer on our website including a cooking video for a Wild Salmon Banh Mi Sandwich, our top 10 allergy remedies and of course, favorite ice creams.