Quite the Find
Wines with our "Quite the Find" label stand out from the crowd. We went to the source, met the people and brought back amazing flavors that are only available at PCC.
Way Out West “VRM” (viognier, roussanne, marsanne blend)
Here's the newest addition to our the WOW family. Roussanne is often described as "red wine drinker's white wine" for its firm, generous texture and bold, hazelnut-tinged flavors. Add viognier’s bright notes of fresh peach and nectarine and finish with marsanne’s notes of lemon and beeswax and you have this lush, crisp, lively wine. A winner, especially with roasted birds, risotto or root vegetable dishes.
Château de Plaisance Fronton Rouge
Take a little promenade on the wild side and discover the fascinating flavor of France’s southwest. Vigneron Marc Penavayre lets the vineyard speak in his organically-farmed wines. In this instance, dry, robust dark fruit is entwined with notes of earth and wild herb and splashed with a hint of spice. Great for year-round drinking, but especially with the robust flavors of fall foods.
Félines – Jourdan Picpoul de Pinet
Picpoul (or piquepoul) is indigenous to the south of France and finds its best expression on the Languedoc coast, near the village of Pinet. This one is a sensory sketch of its enchanting origins: racy and elegant at once, with soft aromas of salt air and tinged with citrus and starfruit. Notes of wild fennel, stones and cypress add bright notes of complexity, while crisp acidity is a foil to honey-nuanced richness. Charming, refreshing and oh-so delicious.
You'll find a plentiful and ever-changing variety of Quite the Find wines on our shelves, from far-flung regions and our own backyard. The grape harvest varies each year, as done the volume of wine produced by these small winemakers. Selection may vary between stores, based on availability.
- Coviolo Lambrusco Biologico
- Commandeur de St. Michel Côtes du Rhône
- Henriques "La Linea" Côtes du Roussillon rouge
- Félines-Jourdan Picpoul, Languedoc rouge or blanc, grenache-syrah, rosé and sauvignon blanc
- Château de Plaisance Fronton rouge, rosé or "Grain de Folie" rouge
- Cécile Chassagne Gigondas
- Alto Los Romeros Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenere and Chardonnay
- Domaine de la Vallongue Coteaux d’Aix en Provence Blanc, Les Baux de Provence Rosé and Les Alpilles IGP Rouge
- Lost River “Salish Sea” white
- Cascina del Santuario Barbera d’Alba
- Marques de Mejia Rioja blanco, rosado & tinto
- Perazzeta "Mercurio" Rosso Toscano
- Antech Blanquette de Limoux
- La Madura St. Chinian "Classic" Rouge and "Classic" blanc IGP
- Chinook "Long Live the Kings" Yakima Valley Red and Yakima Valley White
- Dr Loosen "Loosen Up" Dornfelder and Riesling
- Dusted Valley "40 Nights" Merlot and Red Blend
- Florence Duchene Champagne
- Jordanov Pinot Noir, Rkatceteli and Vranec
- Le Dolci Colline Prosecco
- Maylandie "Le Cabanon" Blanc, Rosé, Rouge, "Cuvee Prestige" and "Villa Ferrae"
- Ontanon "Ecologica" Blanco and Rioja
- Peneca SV Sparkling Rebula
- Powers "PCC Farmland Trust" Carbernet and Chardonnay
- Raphael Rosso Piceno and Verdicchio
- Way Out West "Roosevelt Red" and "Roll On, Columbia" Chardonnay
Simply tasting good isn't good enough. We focus on memorable palate pleasers you'll be proud to serve. We aim to exceed your expectations, and look for wines that deliver pleasure well beyond their modest price tags.
Great wine has a sense of place. We've built sustainable partnerships with real people, who pour love and labor into growing grapes that precisely express their little piece of the world. Celebrate unique flavors that tell the story of where they were grown.