Quite the Find
Wines with our "Quite the Find" label stand out from the crowd. We went to the source, met the people and brought back amazing flavors that are only available at PCC.
Godelia Bierzo blanco and tinto
We’re convinced that Bierzo should be the Next Big Thing — but are betting that it won't (it has way too much character for that). The blanco is made primarily from indigenous godello and dona blanca grapes; it's vibrant, racy and edgy, while offering a generous texture bright citrus fruit, accented with hints of apricot, chamomile and mountain herbs. An undercurrent of minerals rounds out a gorgeous bottle of wine. Drinking the tinto, you'll find red fruits: a cabernet franc-like edginess and brilliance married with seductive, pinot-like bright cherry notes.
Domaine Magellan "Fruit Défendu" Blanc and Rouge Vin de Pays de l'Hérault
"Pleasure like that ought to be forbidden!" Fruit Défendu ("Forbidden Fruit") Blanc is woven on a fabric of bone-dry muscat, its exotic aromas tinged with the racy freshness of ugni blanc, to deliver a wine that’s lively, refreshing and almost too easy to drink. The Rouge tastes of pure, old world character. Red fruits, sturdy fruit with notes of spice, great balance and a lovely freshness.
You'll find a plentiful and ever-changing variety of Quite the Find wines on our shelves, from far-flung regions and our own backyard. The grape harvest varies each year, as done the volume of wine produced by these small winemakers. Selection may vary between stores, based on availability.
- Vignerons de Tautavel Vingrau "Le Cirque" Côtes Catalanes rouge
- Domaine Laguille Côtes de Gascogne blanc, rosé or rouge
- Maison Denuzière Côtes du Rhône
- Domaine de la Provenquière Cuvée "P" blanc of rouge, Pays d'Oc IGP
- Château Mirausse Minervois rouge "l'Azerolle"
- Coviolo Lambrusco Biologico
- Commandeur de St. Michel Côtes du Rhône
- Henriques "La Linea" Côtes du Roussillon rouge
- Félines-Jourdan Picpoul, Languedoc rouge or blanc, grenache-syrah, rosé and sauvignon blanc
- Château de Plaisance Fronton rouge, rosé or "Grain de Folie" rouge
- Cécile Chassagne Gigondas
- Ahtanum Ridge Tempranillo
- Domaine de la Vallongue Coteaux d’Aix en Provence Blanc, Les Baux de Provence Rosé and Les Alpilles IGP Rouge
- Lost River “Salish Sea” white
- Cascina del Santuario Barbera d’Alba
- Perazzeta "Mercurio" Rosso Toscano
- Antech Blanquette de Limoux
- La Madura St. Chinian "Classic" Rouge and "Classic" blanc IGP
- Chinook "Long Live the Kings" Yakima Valley Red and Yakima Valley White
- Dr Loosen "Loosen Up" Dornfelder and Riesling
- Florence Duchene Champagne
- Le Dolci Colline Prosecco
- Maylandie "Le Cabanon" Blanc, Rosé, Rouge, "Cuvee Prestige" and "Villa Ferrae"
- Ontanon "Ecologica" Blanco and Rioja
- Peneca SV Sparkling Rebula
- Powers "PCC Farmland Trust" Carbernet and Chardonnay
- Raphael Rosso Piceno and Verdicchio
- Way Out West "Roosevelt Red", "Roll On, Columbia" Chardonnay and "VRM" (Viognier, Roussanne and Marsanne)
Simply tasting good isn't good enough. We focus on memorable palate pleasers you'll be proud to serve. We aim to exceed your expectations, and look for wines that deliver pleasure well beyond their modest price tags.
Great wine has a sense of place. We've built sustainable partnerships with real people, who pour love and labor into growing grapes that precisely express their little piece of the world. Celebrate unique flavors that tell the story of where they were grown.