PCC's top-quality fresh seafood
Our entire selection is sustainable
PCC sells only the highest-quality seafood that is healthy for both you and the environment. We source seafood only from ecologically sustainable fisheries per the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch Program, and we don’t carry varieties with unsafe levels of PCBs, mercury or other contaminants.
View our Seafood Brochure to learn more about nutrition and important issues. Visit our Recipes Database for meal ideas from around the globe. Pinched for time? Try our pre-seasoned Natural Express fillets, ready to grill, bake or pan-fry for a quick, delightful meal.
PCC ranked nation's top sustainable seafood retailer
Greenpeace USA has ranked PCC Natural Markets the top retailer in the United States for sustainable seafood policies and initiatives. We received a higher rating than any other grocer in the nation! Learn more »
What makes our seafood sustainable?
- We bring you fresh seafood from local fish suppliers who follow Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch guidelines.
- Our canned and frozen seafood, from salmon to oysters to fishsticks, complies with the same high standards as our fresh seafood.
- We carry only sustainable canned tuna, including Sweet Creek, Pelican’s Choice, Tuna Guys and Wild Planet — all albacore, all pole-caught, all sustainable. We also carry canned pole-caught skipjack tuna, which is a "light" tuna that's a good value and also is a "best choice" for sustainability.
- We’ve worked closely with Southern Tsunami/AFC Sushi to ensure our sushi complies with the Seafood Watch standards as well. We discontinued sushi made with sea eel, octopus, yellowtail tuna, and shrimp not from the United States or Canada in favor of sustainable options.
- Some farmed seafood is sustainable according to Seafood Watch standards — including filter-feeding species such as mussels, clams and oysters, as well as some shrimp, trout, tilapia and catfish. PCC has taken special care to seek out providers of these species that meet the highest standards for sustainability. Our clams, mussels and oysters come from Northwest farms, including Kamilche Sea Farms and Port Discovery Sea Farm, shrimp from Woods Fisheries, and catfish from Carolina Classics — all Seafood Watch green-list choices.
Quality you can trust
PCC Natural Markets was the first full retail partner (since 2004) in the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch Program, which rates seafood choices according to environmental criteria, including the method used to catch the fish and whether the species is abundant, endangered or threatened by overfishing. Learn more about our quality standards.