Countless ways to relish radishes
Radishes typically keep a low profile in this country, relegated to salads and crudite. But other cuisines elevate these peppery, rosy roots to a starring role. Explore these appealing ways to prepare organic radishes, which arrive fresh to PCC from Full Circle in Carnation, Wash.
In sandwiches — Facing yet another hot summer day? Make like the French and slather your favorite rustic bread with butter, sprinkle with salt, then layer on thinly sliced, perfectly crisp radishes for a lunch with a cool crunch.
Roasted — Clean and quarter a pound of radishes, toss with olive oil, place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, minced garlic or your favorite seasoning salt. Roast at 375° F for 20 minutes or until radishes are tender. Serve as a side dish or add to a quinoa or leafy salad. Alternately: Toss with toasted sesame oil and soy sauce, roast, then top with sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
In salads — When craving a crunchy salad suitable for nearly any diet, look no farther than PCC Chef Lynne Vea's Radish and Cucumber Salad, a fresh blend of radishes, cucumber, chives, dill and vinegar.
Get cooking with radishes
- Allspice Pickled Radish Tzatziki Sauce
- Black-eyed Peas, Ham and Kale Salad
- Corn and Edamame Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
- Farmers Market Spring Quinoa Salad
- Fire-grilled Caesar Salad with Wild Alaskan Salmon
- Fresh Fava Bean Hummus with Radish Salad
- Iole's Special Italian Salad
- Late Summer Tomato Bisque With Shaved Fennel Salad
- Mixed Greens, Lima Beans and Radishes with Lime Vinaigrette
- PCC Rockin’ Raw Kale Salad
- PCC Turnip the Greens
- Peanut, Carrot and Cabbage Slaw
- Radish and Arugula Salad
- Radish and Cucumber Salad
- Radish and Mango Salad
- Radish Crostini
- Radish Sandwich with Herbed Avocado Spread
- Radishes with Butter and Sea Salt
- Salmon Banh Mi Sandwiches
- Sautéed String Beans with Green Onions and Radishes
- Shaved Asparagus Salad with Radishes
- Shaved Radish, Basil and Olive Oil Salad
- Tempeh Tacos with Pickled Carrots and Radishes
- Tzatziki Sauce with Radishes and Cucumbers