Make way for mangoes
Sweet and juicy, mangoes are a treat any time of day. At PCC, we're proud to offer delicious organic mango varieties throughout the year, from Tommy Atkins in early spring to Keitt in fall, along with rich Haden, peach-like Kent and sweet, creamy Ataulfo in-between. Most of our mangoes hail from our trusted supplier New Harvest Organics.
Rich in vitamins A and C, as well as dietary fiber, they're a sensory delight. Choose mangoes with a slightly sweet fragrance and that give a bit beneath gentle pressure. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh lemon or lime juice to maximize the flavor of this taste of the tropics.
Mangoes in the kitchen
Sweet and luscious, mango adds color, texture and flavor to many salsas, salads, soups, beverages and desserts. Serve mango sliced atop a salad or diced with banana pancakes. Try in your next smoothie.
- Asparagus Sautéed with Mango and Capers
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Cornmeal Crust Pizza with Black Bean Hummus, Caramelized Shallots, Winter Greens, Chèvre and Manchego Cheese
- Crispy Tempeh with Mango and Chile Pepper
- Curried Lentil Mango Wraps
- Fresh Mango and Coconut Cake with Tart Lime Glaze
- Grilled Asparagus with Mango, Olives and Capers: Tapas Style
- Mango and Avocado Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Mango Avocado Salsa
- Mango Lassi
- Mango Mint Bubbler
- Mango Salsa
- Mango Summer Salsa
- Mango, Tofu and Herb Salad with Toasted Coconut and Sweet Chili-Lime Dressing
- Mango-glazed Sweet Potatoes
- Mixed Salad Greens with Tropical Vinaigrette
- Peach or Mango Sorbet
- Peach-Raspberry Popsicles
- Peachy Keen Smoothie
- Pulled Pork Tacos with Mango-Jicama Salad
- Roasted Pears with Couscous and Winter Fruits
- Rosemary and Hazelnut Roasted Wild Alaskan Halibut with Sautéed Chanterelles and Pears
- Seasonal Fruit Platter with Lavender-Strawberry-Champagne Sauce
- Sesame-Wasabi Grilled Albacore Tuna Salad with Mango and Cilantro
- Shrimp and Mango "Ceviche"
- Sizzling Coriander Shrimp Tacos with Handmade Corn Tortillas
- Summer Fruit Gazpacho
- Sunny Mango Salsa
- Three-fruit salsa
- Tropical Dog
- Tropical Vermouth Popsicles
- Watermelon-Pineapple Popsicles
- Yum Gai Mamuang (Thai Chicken Mango Salad)
To learn more about the different varieties of mangoes, visit mango.org.
From great relationships, great quality
PCC maintains close relationships with local and regional farmers to provide the best-tasting, freshest produce possible. More than 93 percent of produce sold by PCC is certified organic fruits and vegetables, grown without artificial pesticides or fertilizers. When organic varieties are not available or out of season, we offer high quality, non-organic produce. Learn more about the benefits of organics »