Delectable pasture-raised lamb at PCC
While lamb often is relegated to special dinners or holiday celebrations, its tender, delicate flavor is a great choice year-round, whether you’re seeking out a quick, weeknight dish or a family meal for the Sunday table.
At PCC, cuts in addition to a leg or rack are readily available, providing economical choices that can be used for burgers, stews and more. Our lamb is raised by Umpqua Valley Lamb in southwest Oregon on pastures that teem with fresh grass, sweet clover and alfalfa.
This natural diet develops a mild-flavored meat high in healthful conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a fatty acid touted for its cancer-fighting benefits.
Cooking with lamb
Three cuts to try
If you’re short on time, pick up lamb chops. They’re best used for pan-frying, roasting, broiling and grilling. A quick sear is all that is needed for a flavorful meal. Rib chops, cut from the rack, have a long bone on the side and are recognized for their tenderness. Season them with rosemary and pair with citrus in our fast, simple recipe for Rosemary-Lemon Lamb Chops with Pan-seared Lemon Slices.
Lamb shank is the ultimate cut for slow cooking and can be transformed into a hearty dish featuring fork-tender, succulent meat. Try our Cuban-style Chilindron of Lamb. It’s a rich, woodsy, bright Spanish stew, with roasted red peppers, paprika and onions.
Are you a burger lover? Mix it up with ground lamb, a moist option that is healthier than ground beef and is best used for grilling, pan-frying and broiling. Try our Lamb Burgers with Olive Tapenade and Feta. Or skip the preparation and pick up our Natural Express Lamb Patties in Garlic Herb or Peri Peri (an African-inspired blend of citrus, salt, garlic and spice). Pre-seasoned, they’re ready for the grill or pan.
More recipes to try
- Cinnamon and Ginger-scented Lamb Stew
- Cuban-style Chilindron of Lamb
- Greek-style Stuffed Leg of Lamb
- Grilled Lamb Sliders
- Indian Kofta (Meatball Curry)
- Jamaican Lamb Curry
- Lamb Burgers with Olive Tapenade and Feta
- Lamb Gyro Skewers with Pistachios and Mint
- Lamb Souvlaki
- Pistachio and Lemongrass Gyro Skewers with Spicy Pomegranate Dipping Sauce
- Rack of Lamb
- Roasted Leg of Lamb Stuffed with Herbs and Garlic
- Rosemary-Lemon Lamb Chops with Pan-seared Lemon Slices
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Whole Spice-crusted Lamb Brochette with Pomegranate Subduction Reduction