Grass-fed beef at PCC
For beef with a rounded, nuanced, traditional flavor, grass-fed can't be beat. Beyond great taste, grass-fed beef is leaner than grain-fed beef, boasts higher levels of many health-promoting nutrients and includes heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, the bonus of a diet rich in forage.
We offer two delicious 100-percent grass-fed options at PCC Natural Markets: PCC Grass-fed Beef and Eel River Organic Beef from Hydesville, Calif.
The number one tip: don't overcook! Grass-fed beef is leaner than grain-fed, meaning there's less spare fat to keep it moist if cooked too long or at too high of temperature. Grass-fed beef takes about 30 percent less time to cook and it’s best cooked medium-rare to medium.
Not a fan of medium-rare beef? Try cooking methods that introduce moisture to help meat keep tender. Add caramelized onions or other moist ingredients to hamburgers to keep the flavor juicy. Braising and stewing are other ways to prevent grass-fed beef from drying out by slow-cooking it in juices.
Information provided by sustainabletable.org.
Explore our Recipe Database for many great menu ideas.
- 15 Minute Spicy Beef with Bulgur
- Baked Spaghetti Squash
- Banh Mi Dog
- Beef and Veggie Shish Kabobs
- Beef Bourguignon
- Beef Sukiyaki
- Blackman Family Wraps
- Blue Cheese Beef Burgers
- Braised Beef Stew with Mixed Mushrooms
- Braised Grass-fed Beef with Root Vegetables and Fennel
- Braised Short Ribs
- Braised Short Ribs with Smoked Paprika and Spanish Olives
- Chipotle Shredded Pork with Tomato Lime Salsa
- Cinnamon and Ginger-scented Lamb Stew
- Classic "Italian-style" Meatballs
- Classic Braised Corned Beef and Cabbage with Roasted Root Vegetables, Leeks and Cranberry Horseradish Sauce
- Classic Pot Roast
- Cozy Red Wine Braised Grass-fed Beef
- Delicious and Easy Vegan Chili
- Elizabeth Tatarinoff's Winter Borscht
- Grass-fed Beef Burgers with Caramelized Sweet Onions
- Grilled Steak Salad
- Hearty Winter Greens and Wild Rice Soup with Miniature Meatballs
- Janice's Paleo Meatloaf
- Kale and Kielbasa Soup
- Meatless Autumn Chili
- Meaty Beef Stock for Borscht
- Oven-baked Corned Beef Dinner
- PCC Beef Minestrone Soup
- PCC Beef Stew
- PCC Beef Stroganoff
- PCC Chili Con Carne
- Sirloin and Roasted Vegetables
- Spaghetti with Meatball Sauce
- Spicy Plum Sauce Grilled Short Ribs with Grilled Fresh Plums
- Steak with Mushroom and Wine Sauce
- Stir-fried Basil Beef with Shiitakes and Cashews
- Stout and Cheddar Beef Burgers
- Succulent Rosemary Pot Roast with a Rainbow of Root Vegetables
- Yum Neua (Thai Grilled Sirloin Steak Salad)