Fair trade: fostering community
Each time you choose fairly traded products, you help farming families around the globe lift themselves and their communities out of poverty. Fair trade principles include a fair price, fair labor conditions, trade relationships that eliminate unnecessary middlemen, community development and environmental sustainability.
Your support helps farmers and farm workers send their children to school, improve their nutrition, obtain health education and even set up adult literacy programs, among many other benefits. Learn more.
PCC carries dozens of fair trade products. This includes our entire selection of coffee, whether in a bag, in bulk or freshly brewed in our PCC Delis.
PCC requires documentation from our producers before we will promote an item as a Fair Trade product, specifically, third party certification or auditing from organizations such as IMO (Institute for Marketecology).
Here's what you'll find in store:
- Chocolate, baking chocolate and cocoa — From Alter Eco, Angell, Dagoba Organic Chocolate, Divine Chocolate, Equal Exchange, Endangered Species Chocolate, Green & Black's Organic, Rapunzel, SunSpire, Theo Chocolate.
- Fresh-brewed, bagged and bulk coffee — In our bulk department, look for Equal Exchange, Kalani, Nature's Crest (Fidalgo Bay) and Tony's. In packaged coffees, look for Caffe Ladro.
- Health and body care — From Alaffia Sustainable Skin Care, Dr. Bronner's.
- Sugar and sweeteners — From Rapunzel and Wholesome Sweeteners.
- Tea (hot and iced) — Look for packaged teas from Choice Organic Teas, Eco Teas, Equal Exchange, Frontier, Numi Tea and Traditional Medicinals, and iced teas from Guayakí Yerba Mate, Honest Tea and Stash Tea.
- Frozen desserts — Luna and Larry's Organic Coconut Bliss.
- Other products — Including Lärabar Jocalat energy bars, Sambazon frozen acai and energy drink, Alter Eco rice, Frontier alcohol-free vanilla extract and Rapunzel chocolate hazelnut spread.