Pack a healthy lunch: PCC Deli ideas
Whether you're packing lunches for yourself or your family, our deli offers a bounty of mouthwatering, satisfying options just right for a lunchbox or brown bag.
You'll find salads and soups crafted from organic vegetables, free-range chicken, organic tofu and whole grains, deli meats, cheese galore and oven-fresh baked goods.
Components of a well-made lunch
For the kids or kid in each of us
Tuck these deli favorites into school lunches as sides to a sandwich or other main course. Or, combine with other PCC Kid Picks faves like roasted fingerling potatoes, rotisserie chicken halves, BBQ drumettes or marinated tofu. Look for the Kid Picks logo the next time you shop, or browse the Kid Picks database for options. Please note that our delis offer fresh options each day; not all items will be available at all times.
- Whole-wheat Lemon Capellini — A zesty mix with dainty, angel-hair pasta.
- Turkish Garbanzo Salad — Big flavor that delivers on nutrition, too: manganese, folate, dietary fiber, tryptophan, protein and more!
- Tofu Egg Salad — Yummy in a pita, between slices of Essential Baking Company bread or spread on crackers.
- Carrot Raisin Salad — An oldie but goodie, filled with lots of crunch and vitamin A.
Lunchtime delights for all ages
- Great sandwich fixings — We offer many excellent meats, from roast beef to ham and turkey. We also offer delicious chicken salad, egg salad, tofu "egg" salad and our much-loved tuna salad for a quick and easy pita.
- Whole-grain heaven — We serve emmer farro in our Methow Valley Salad, spelt in our Perfect Protein Salad, and wild rice in our Emerald City Salad. Other deli dishes feature red and white quinoa, couscous, bulgur, kamut and organic rices.
- Power up with protein — Whether it be a kasha energy bar or fruit and nut bar for a healthy snack, or low-fat grilled chicken, tofu or salmon from the deli case, we've got wholesome food to fuel your body. You'll also find plenty of organic, protein-rich whole beans, including lentils, garbanzos, black and kidney beans.