Nuts for flavor and nutrition
Whether lending a savory note to a snack mix or boosting the flavor of a pilaf, nuts are a versatile, delicious ingredient that also add vital nutrients to many a recipe.
We offer a selection of pure and simple cashews, almonds, pecans, pistachios, peanuts, macadamias, walnuts and more, plus savory, sweet and salty ways to satisfy your cravings such as tamari almonds, black-pepper roasted cashews and honey-roasted mixed nuts. Selection varies by store.
Learn more about varieties of nuts, as well as tips for toasting them to bring out their flavor.
Snacking, baking, salads and more
It's easy to sprinkle nuts into your diet, whether you prefer tender raw walnuts or roasted honey cinnamon almonds. Here's a list of delicious uses for nuts:
- Spiced as a tasty snack — This recipe for PCC Spicy Herb-roasted Nuts combines the goodness of pecans, cashews and hazelnuts with maple syrup, herbs and spices for an irresistible snack.
- Ground into a flavorful crust — Make a crust of ground nuts for pies, cheesecakes and other desserts, such as in this recipe.
- Toasted in the oven and added to salads — Oven-toasted nuts are fragrant and tasty tossed with green salad or stirred into grain salads. Cashews also are good in salad dressings, like this Orange Nut Dressing.
- Sauteed and added to pasta and stir-fries — Nuts lend flavor dimension and extra protein in dishes from around the globe. Toasted pine nuts and walnuts are especially good in Italian recipes. Cashews and peanuts meld well with Asian seasonings.
Cooking and baking with nuts
- Caramelized Spiced Nuts
- Cashew Cream
- Classic Apple Crisp
- Fresh Fruit Tart with Macadamia Nut Crust
- Green Kale Waldorf Salad
- Homemade Energy Bars
- Homemade Whole Grain, Nuts, Seeds and Fruits Granola
- Honeyed Nuts
- Kelp Energy Bars
- Mix & Match Trail Mix
- My Own Trail Mix
- Nut and Crumb Pie Crust
- Nuts and Seeds Pesto with Lime and Chipotle
- Nutty Brazilian Spread
- PCC Party Mix
- PCC Spicy Herb-roasted Nuts
- Persimmon Cookies (by Alicia Lundquist Guy)
- Powerhouse Porridge
- Protein Pops
- Roasted Vegetable Nut Loaf
- Seasonal Slaw
- Spicy Maple-Glazed Nuts
- Thai Summer Salad
- Warm Pear and Hazelnut Tea Bread