Flour aplenty in bulk
Visit our bulk section and stock up on flour for your cookies, breads, pies, cakes, tarts and tortes. Take home just as much as you need for a particular recipe, or, head out with enough to bake for your block party, potluck or cookie exchange.
Don't forget: Our bulk section offers even more baking values, including sweeteners, spices, nuts and candies.
Also check out the following video
The Cookus Cupboard: Whole grains and flours video »
Time to pre-heat your oven
Here are the flours you'll find in our bulk section, from millers that include Fairhaven Organic Flour Mill in Bellingham, Wash. and Bob's Red Mill in Milwaukie, Ore. Flour nutrition data is available for each variety in our bulk database.
- Unbleached white flour — The standard in many a baking recipe.
- Whole-wheat flour — We offer it in fine and medium grind, milled from high-protein, hard red and white wheat for your bread-baking needs.
- Whole-wheat pastry flour — Milled extra fine, and good for all uses but yeasted breads, with a fine texture and high starch content. Try it for feathery light pancakes, cookies and pie crusts.
- Yellow cornmeal — The staple ingredient in cornbread, or a nice "breading" for fish cakes or other foods you lightly fry. Ours is ground from yellow and blue corn with the germ and bran included.
- Buckwheat flour — Ground from the small seeds of the plant, with a strong, nutty taste that adds a rich flavor to pancakes, hearty baked goods or homemade soba noodles.
- Spelt flour, both whole and refined — Milled from a nutritious and ancient grain, this flour is used in pasta and baking.
- Barley flour — Blend with other flours to add a nutty dimension to cakes, biscuits and pastries.
We offer an assortment of flours for gluten-free baking. Learn more with this helpful guide.