Pure Country Pork
Producer: Pure Country Pork
Located in: Ephrata, Wash.
Supplying PCC since: 2007
Supplies PCC with: Fresh, local and succulent pork chops, tenderloin, roasts and more.
A non-GMO leader: Pure Country Pork is in the process of being certified non-GMO, or free of genetically modified organisms. Farmer Paul Klingeman feds his hogs local barley, wheat and triticale to avoid genetically engineered corn and soy.
Pure Country Pork
Some families manage restaurants, craft jewelry or build houses. Paul and Karrie Klingeman farm.
It’s in their blood four generations deep, with the fifth generation ready to take over Pure Country Pork, their all-natural pork business.
“There’s a satisfaction in working with the land and animals and knowing that our future generation of farmers will have the skill and knowledge of keeping our farm and environment clean so that 100 years from now, no one will be cleaning up our mess,” the senior Paul Klingeman says. “We’re deeply committed to the health and well-being of our animals and the land.”
Their 100-acre spread in Ephrata, Wash., near the mighty Columbia River, is awash in sunshine, fresh air and space for their hogs to meander about. They raise their charges on locally grown barley, wheat and triticale (a cross between wheat and rye) — an intentional diversion from the usual corn and soy — to be sure the feed is free of genetically engineered organisms.
Pure Country Pork is the first meat vendor in the United States to enroll in the Non-GMO Project. This means the Klingemans are instituting Best Practices to reduce the risk that the hogs’ feed could be contaminated with genetically modified crops.
PCC has carried their highest-quality, flavorful pork since 2007. Try some of their pork tenderloin pan-fried, roast some pork chops for a succulent treat, slow-cook pork shoulder for picnic-perfect pulled pork sandwiches, or tuck ground pork into Asian-style dumplings for delicious flavor.
Explore our recipe database for even more inspiration.
Pork lends great flavor to so many dishes. Small wonder it's featured in cuisines from around the globe.
- Baked Boneless Pork Chops
- Chipotle Shredded Pork with Tomato Lime Salsa
- Easy Pulled Pork
- Grilled Pork Blade Steaks with Spicy Greens
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Coffee-Molasses Barbecue Sauce
- Honey-Garlic Grilled Pork Chops
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Marinated Pork Sirloin Strips
- Meatball Sub Sandwiches
- Mix and Match Sliders
- Moo Yang Takrai (Spicy Lemongrass Pork with Plum Sauce)
- PCC Chile Colorado
- PCC Chili Verde
- Pear and Hazelnut Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Sour Cherry Syrah Sauce
- Pork Loin Rib Chops
- Pulled Pork Tacos with Mango-Jicama Salad
- Roasted Holiday Pork Loin
- Roasted Pork Loin
- Roasted Pork Loin with Mushroom Sauce
- Rosemary-Lemon Lamb Chops with Pan-seared Lemon Slices
- Slow-Cooked Mexican Pork
- Smothered Pork Loin Chops
- Spaghetti with Meatball Sauce
- Spice-crusted Pork Tenderloin
- Spice-rubbed Grilled Pork Chops
- Spice-rubbed Ribs with Southern Comfort Barbecue Sauce
- Spicy Pork and Sweet Potato Stew