Country Natural Beef
Ranchers: Doc and Connie Hatfield, proprietors, and their team of ranchers
Located in: rangeland throughout the Western United States
Supplying PCC since: 1988
Supplies PCC with: All-natural beef, grazed on pasture and finished with cooked potatoes and grain.
A commitment to the livestock and the land: Country Natural Beef ranchers respect the land and the welfare of their herds, and are committed to environmental stewardship for the health and wellness of both. Each member ranch grazes livestock in a manner that sustains the surrounding environment, monitors and controls all aspects of animal welfare from birth to market and reduces stress by handling cattle quietly and calmly.
Seal of approval: In 2010, Country Natural Beef's animal-welfare standards received an endorsement from Dr. Temple Grandin, a Colorado State University professor and animal behaviorist who designs humane livestock handling facilities that reduce stress and fear in cattle.
Cattle grazed along the hills and vales of the West
From high mountain meadows to thick aspen groves and miles of sagebrush-filled flats and canyons, Country Natural Beef cattle live in beautiful places.
So it has been since 1986, when 14 family ranches banded together to raise and sell beef in a way that preserves both these glorious landscapes and the rural families that nurture them.
The cooperative has since grown to include more than 100 sustainable family ranches throughout the West, producing fresh, naturally delicious, wholesome and safe beef.
“ At Country Natural Beef, we believe that the way plants, animals and people relate in a healthy sustainable environment is crucial to the health and wellness of the world we all share. ” — Doc and Connie Hatfield, co-proprietors.
CNB's family ranchers are dedicated to raising cattle in harmony and balance with nature. All cattle are fed a vegetarian diet free of growth-stimulating hormones and antibiotics; range-grazed on pasture; finished with cooked potatoes, hay, corn and a vitamin-mineral supplement for a flavorful taste and texture. All beef is USDA inspected and graded and hand-selected to meet the strict standards of both the ranchers and PCC.
Country Natural Beef ranchers share a respect for the land and the welfare of their herds, and are committed to environmental stewardship for the health and wellness of both. Each member ranch embraces CNB’s principles of sustainable land management and standards of animal compassion.
Those principles call for ranchers to: graze livestock in a manner that sustains the surrounding environment; raise cattle that are genetically suited to the ecosystem of each ranch; monitor and control all aspects of animal welfare from birth to market; and reduce stress by handling cattle quietly and calmly. CNB's animal welfare standards have received the endorsement of animal behaviorist Dr. Temple Grandin of Colorado State University
PCC Natural Markets and Country Natural Beef have been partners since 1988, dedicated to providing customers the highest quality, most flavorful beef possible.
- 15 Minute Spicy Beef with Bulgur
- 28-minute Chili
- Baked Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Beef and Bean Enchiladas
- Beef and Veggie Shish Kabobs
- Beef Bourguignon
- Beef Sukiyaki
- Bistecca con Rosmarino e Aglio (Steak with Rosemary and Garlic)
- Blackman Family Wraps
- Blue Cheese Beef Burgers
- Blue Cheese Bison Burgers
- Braised Beef Stew with Mixed Mushrooms
- Braised Short Ribs
- Braised Short Ribs with Smoked Paprika and Spanish Olives
- Classic "Italian-style" Meatballs
- Classic Pot Roast
- Classic Spaghetti Sauce
- Cozy Beef Bourguignon
- Grilled Garlic-studded New York Steaks
- Grilled Steak Salad
- Hearty Winter Greens and Wild Rice Soup with Miniature Meatballs
- Janice's Paleo Meatloaf
- Meaty Beef Stock for Borscht
- Mix and Match Sliders
- Oven-baked Corned Beef Dinner
- PCC Beef Farro Soup
- PCC Beef Minestrone Soup
- PCC Beef Moussaka
- PCC Beef Stew
- PCC Beef Stroganoff
- PCC Chili Con Carne
- Prime Rib of Beef
- Quinoa Meatloaf
- Seared Flank Steak
- Singapore Beef Stew
- Sirloin and Roasted Vegetables
- Spaghetti with Meatball Sauce
- Spicy Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Wraps With Crispy Garlic and Pumpkin Seeds
- Spicy Plum Sauce Grilled Short Ribs with Grilled Fresh Plums
- Spicy Steak, Cucumber & Lime Salad with Cilantro & Thai Basil
- Stir-fried Basil Beef with Shiitakes and Cashews
- Stout and Cheddar Beef Burgers
- Succulent Rosemary Pot Roast with a Rainbow of Root Vegetables
- Teriyaki Beef Vegetable Stir-fry
- Thai Basil Beef
- Thai Basil Beef with Coconut Rice
- Yum Neua (Thai Grilled Sirloin Steak Salad)