Producers: Stiebrs Farms
Located in: Yelm, Wash.
Supplying PCC since: 2000
Supplies PCC with: Farm-fresh and locally raised organic eggs.
A long tradition: The Stiebrs family has sold eggs in the Puget Sound region since 1953, not long after Jan and Zelma Stiebrs arrived in the area from Latvia with the dream of owning their own business. Stiebrs Farms is now four generations strong.
Integrity at each and every step: Eggs are gathered by hand at Stiebrs Farms, and the hens are fed farm-grown organic feed from the farm's own certified-organic feed mill.
From sweet or savory to fancy and down-home, there are endless ways to enjoy eggs — these perfect, petite protein packs are a blank slate to express culinary creativity. They’re the magical ingredient that holds together baked goods and sauces; the secret to the lightness of mousses and soufflés; and the star in quiches, frittatas, crepes and other breakfast favorites.
Eggs also are delicious by themselves — scrambled, poached, sunny side up or over easy — providing a satisfying, nutritious morning meal. Some research shows that eating one for breakfast helps control weight — the mere 68 protein-rich calories help keep hunger at bay the rest of the day. Eggs are full of essential B vitamins, including choline, a nutrient important for the health of the brain, nerves, muscles and heart.
Stiebrs Farms provides PCC’s natural and organic eggs. As a young boy in the 1950s, Jon Stiebrs and his father went door-to-door selling fresh eggs to their friends and neighbors from the family’s flock of 100 hens. Today, Jon and his wife, Dianna — along with their children and grandchildren — still own and operate the family farm just south of the Puget Sound area, in Yelm, Wash.
All Stiebrs eggs are Certified Humane by Humane Farm Animal Care. Never caged, the hens live in clean, well-lit, roomy barns and are free to run, preen and socialize outdoors as they wish.
To ensure the quality of the feed for their organic eggs, Stiebrs mills a mixture of organic grains in their own certified organic mill. Some Stiebrs eggs also are high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, from flax seeds added to the hens’ diet.
Buy Stiebrs eggs by the dozen or in bulk, and enjoy them for breakfast — or any time of day!
- All-natural Egg Dyes
- Asparagus Scramble
- Avegolemono (Greek Lemon Rice Soup)
- Avgolemono Soup (Greek Lemon Chicken Soup)
- Bacon, Spinach & Tomato Deviled Eggs
- Baked Apple French Toast
- Baked Whole Grain Fruity Custard
- Basic Egg Pasta
- Be Bop Breakfast
- Breakfast Frittata
- Breakfast Sandwich with Prosciutto and Scallion Oil
- Caramel Flan
- Chèvre-Wasabi Deviled Eggs
- Chocolate-Espresso Mousse with Whipped Crème Fraîche and Toasted Almonds
- Classic Egg Salad
- Coconut Macaroons
- Congee Rice Porridge Soup
- Corn Pudding Soufflé
- Creamy Asparagus Scrambled Duck Eggs in Egg Cups with Lemon Zest Crème Fraîche
- Crème Anglaise
- Dessert Crepes
- Duck Egg and Frisée Salad with Bacon and Roasted Beets
- Duck Egg Crème Brûlée
- Eggs Nestled in Greens
- Fresh Fruit Tart with Macadamia Nut Crust
- Frittata with Oven-Dried Tomatoes and Cheddar
- Huevos Rancheros
- Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Burrito
- Individual Springtime Omelet Parisienne
- Individual Strawberry Grand Marnier Frozen Soufflés
- Italian Frittata
- Kao Tom Gai Sai Kai (Thai Rice Soup with Chicken and Egg)
- Kitchen Sink Quiche
- Kuku Sabzi
- Leek Tart
- Lemon-Caper Deviled Eggs
- Maple Cranberry Crème Brûlée
- Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs Using Onion Skins
- Organic Asparagus Strata with Zesty Mediterranean Garnish
- Pan-roasted Asparagus with Poached Eggs and Brown Butter-Lemon Hazelnuts
- PCC Chilaquiles
- PCC Deli Goldie's Dressing
- PCC Joe's Special
- PCC Luscious Layers
- Potato and Egg Baskets
- Potato Frittata
- Roasted Pumpkin, Sugar and Spice Tart
- Rosemary Polenta Soufflé
- Rustic Potato Crème Fraîche Souffle
- Salad Niçoise
- Salade Niçoise
- Scrambled Eggs, Avocado and Smoked Salmon on Toast
- Seasonal Frittata
- Shiitake Mushroom Frittata
- Smoked Salmon Frittata
- Spanish Omelet
- Spring Herb Frittata with Smoked Salmon and Chèvre Caper-Basil Caponata
- Stir-fried Cabbage with Fried Eggs
- Strawberries with Zabaglione
- Sugar Pie Pumpkin Crème Brûlée
- Summer Fruit Crème Brulée
- Sweet Potato Hash
- Winter Polenta Breakfast (or Dinner!)