Consumer education at PCC
Every day is "show & tell" (and taste!) at PCC. From signs in our stores and information on this Web site, to samples, store tours and cooking classes, we enjoy helping shoppers become familiar with the products we sell and learn how to use them for optimum health and satisfaction.
We offer several opportunities — in our stores and at community events — to increase your knowledge and pique your curiosity about food, wellness and living sustainably, including:
- Take classes, camps and store tours from our internationally acclaimed PCC Cooks program. PCC Cooks offers learning opportunities to adults and kids — in a fun and relaxed environment — in the selection, preparation and enjoyment of healthful foods. We emphasize fresh, local and bulk food ingredients, and cooking methods that save energy, as well as time and money.
- Volunteer to assist in our PCC Cooks program and at community events. PCC Cooks assistants acquire cooking skills and product knowledge first-hand while working with top-rate instructors. Event volunteers enjoy helping PCC staff with our outreach programs, especially our PCC Food Bank Program and PCC Kid Picks. No special skills required!
- Read timely information in our monthly newspaper, the Sound Consumer. Each month the Sound Consumer offers a variety of articles written by food, nutrition and agriculture experts to keep you informed about issues that impact your well-being and to help you make healthy food and sustainable lifestyle choices. Our monthly magazine, PCC Taste, celebrates each season with delicious recipes, product information, community news, tips on wellness and more.
- Subscribe to our family of e-newsletters. PCC Taste offers delicious seasonal recipes, product information, tips on wellness and more. Market Specials delivers in-store specials twice each month. PCC Advocates keeps subscribers current about food and agriculture news and controversies. PCC Cooks offers news about classes, events, and special offers. PCC Wine: Drink This! has the latest information about wines in our stores.
- Follow us and share your thoughts about products and your grocery shopping experiences online through Facebook, Twitter, podcasts, Flickr and Stir-fry, our blog that keeps you up-to-date with the latest at PCC.
- Watch and learn cooking tips, how to select and handle produce, how to shop our bulk department and a variety of other lifestyle tips through our PCC video series. Quick Bites provides guidance on how to choose and enjoy seasonal fruits and vegetables. Meet Our Producers introduces the men and women and places behind the food and products in our stores. You'll also find a range of cooking and lifestyle videos featuring PCC Chef Lynne Vea, PCC Wine Guy Jeff Cox and other PCC personalities on KING-5 TV's "Gardening With Ciscoe" and "New Day Northwest" programs.
- Explore the PCC website with the help of our series of screencasts. Each offers step-by-step guidance so you can make the most of the special features on our site. Learn how to search for a recipe, add items to your personalized shopping list, save recipes to your personal recipe box and search our various product databases.