Please enable cookies in your web browser.
Vinaigrettes, beurre rouge, béchamel, and caramel sauces serve as the stepping stones on the way to preparing complex and exciting dishes. You’ll learn how to prepare and use basic sauces by practicing emulsifying sauces and fixing “broken” sauces. We’ll discuss ways to play with flavor and incorporating these sauces into various dishes. To test your creations, we will prepare Mixed Green Salad with Balsamic-Pomegranate Vinaigrette; Macaroni and Three Cheese Béchamel; Salmon with Tarragon Beurre Rouge; and Pan-seared Bananas with Spiced Caramel Sauce. With seafood and dairy; no eggs. Class size limited to 14.
Members: $45, Non-members: $50
- Wednesday Feb 6, 6:30-9pm. Edmonds
- Sunday Feb 10, 1-3:30pm. Issaquah
- Tuesday Feb 19, 6:30-9pm. Greenlake
- Sunday Feb 24, 1-3:30pm. Redmond
- Monday Mar 11, 6:30-9pm. West Seattle