Please enable cookies in your web browser.
Home Canning 101
Join chef, farmer and cheese maker Jackie Freeman as we learn the basics of home preserving while making fun seasonal treats. This entry-level class will focus on water-bath canning. While discussing basic principles of canning, safety, ingredients and equipment, we will prepare whole Mulled Pears and Giardiniera (pickled fall vegetables). By the end of class you will leave with the knowledge and confidence to begin canning at home as well as samples of your work. Vegetarian; no dairy or eggs. Class size limited to 14.
Members: $40, Non-members: $45
- Sunday Sep 9, 1-3:30pm. Issaquah
- Friday Sep 14, 6:30-9pm. West Seattle
- Monday Sep 17, 6:30-9pm. Edmonds
- Saturday Sep 22, 3-5:30pm. Redmond
- Friday Sep 28, 6:30-9pm. Issaquah
- Monday Oct 1, 6:30-9pm. Greenlake
- Saturday Oct 6, 3-5:30pm. Redmond