Please enable cookies in your web browser.
Tame Your Sugar Beast
Many of us experience sugar or carbohydrate cravings and know how they can override our best intentions. Find out the effects of sugar and insulin on the body; why we get cravings; and the result of too much sugar and starchy carbohydrates, processed foods, and not enough protein and good fats. You’ll learn which foods, herbs and supplements will support a blood sugar control diet while sampling Birgitte’s dishes, such as Flatbread with Fresh Veggie Salad with Sprouted Beans and Lentils; Moroccan Kofta (tofu and herb dumplings); and Black Bean Brownies. Vegetarian, with eggs; no dairy or gluten.
Members: $35, Non-members: $40
- Thursday Jun 7, 6:30-9pm. West Seattle
- Tuesday Jun 12, 6:30-9pm. Issaquah
- Thursday Jun 14, 6:30-9pm. Redmond
- Tuesday Jun 19, 6:30-9pm. Edmonds
- Thursday Jun 21, 6:30-9pm. Greenlake