Please enable cookies in your web browser.
The Japanese bento box is a fancy lunchbox container, full of a variety of visually pleasing foods, taken to school, work or a picnic. Using her collection of bento boxes, Kanako will teach you the basics of assorting the five food colors and laying out different dishes in compartments. She’ll show you how to make Sake Teriyaki (broiled salmon or tofu in teriyaki sauce); Negi Tamago Yaki (rolled egg omelet with green onion); Sokuseki Zuke (pickled cucumber, cabbage, carrot and parsnip); Kinoko Gohan (cooked rice with mushrooms); Horenso Gomaae (spinach salad with sesame dressing); served with garnishes like umeboshi (pickled plum paste) and nori (dried sea vegetable) to complete the bento. With optional seafood and eggs; no dairy.
Members: $40, Non-members: $45
- Sunday, Sep 14, 1-3:30pm. Edmonds
- Sunday, Sep 28, 1-3:30pm. Redmond
- Saturday, Oct 4, 10am-12:30pm. Greenlake Aurora
- Sunday, Nov 2, 1-3:30pm. Greenlake Village
- Saturday, Nov 8, 3-5:30pm. West Seattle
- Sunday, Nov 16, 1-3:30pm. Issaquah