Please enable cookies in your web browser.
One of the biggest challenges for home cooks is understanding how the physiology of taste can empower spontaneous cooking. We’ll explore the five flavors: salty, bitter, sour, sweet and umami, as well as mouth-feel. Explore flavor through tasting and experimenting as we prepare Slow-roasted Salmon with Fresh Herbs, Bacon Dashi Broth and Roasted Mushrooms; Cider-brined Pork Loin; Butter-poached Shrimp with Orange Gastrique and Arugula Salad; and a delectable Brown Sugar Ice Cream with Fennel and Pistachio Dust. With meat, seafood, dairy and eggs. Class size limited to 14.
Members: $45, Non-members: $50
- Tuesday May 20, 6:30-9pm. Greenlake Aurora
- Thursday May 22, 6:30-9pm. Redmond
- Tuesday May 27, 6:30-9pm. West Seattle
- Wednesday Jun 4, 6:30-9pm. Edmonds
- Thursday Jun 5, 6:30-9pm. Redmond
- Thursday Jun 12, 6:30-9pm. Issaquah
- Friday Jul 25, 6:30-9pm. Greenlake Village