Please enable cookies in your web browser.
No meal is an island. All over the world, traces of culinary arts drawn from other cultures can be found in popular regional dishes. We’ll explore the cross-influence of Arab cuisine and spices on European Mediterranean communities and, in turn, the influence of the European cuisines on North Africa. Marcia will demonstrate Revoltijo de Esparragos (asparagus with saffron sauce from Andalusia), Salatat al-Bisbas (fennel salad with harissa vinaigrette from Tunisia), and Spaghetti alla Siracusana from Sicily. For a sweet treat to end the meal, enjoy Al-Tamar al-Mahshi (sugared dates stuffed with ground almonds from Morocco). Vegetarian with dairy; no eggs.
Members: $35, Non-members: $40
- Thursday May 1, 6:30-9pm. Greenlake Aurora
- Monday May 5, 6:30-9pm. Redmond
- Thursday May 15, 6:30-9pm. Issaquah
- Wednesday May 21, 6:30-9pm. Edmonds
- Monday Jun 2, 6:30-9pm. West Seattle