Please enable cookies in your web browser.
Join chef, farmer, and cheese maker Jackie Freeman as we learn the basics of home preserving while making fun seasonal treats. This entry-level class will focus on water-bath canning. While discussing basic principles of canning, safety, ingredients and equipment, we will prepare Orange Marmalade with Ginger and Star Anise; and Pickled Cauliflower with Carrots and Peppers. You will leave with the knowledge and confidence to begin canning at home and take home samples of your work. Vegetarian; no dairy or eggs. Class size limited to 14.
Members: $45, Non-members: $50
- Wednesday Jan 8, 6:30-9pm. Greenlake Aurora
- Wednesday Jan 15, 6:30-9pm. Edmonds
- Wednesday Jan 22, 6:30-9pm. West Seattle
- Sunday Jan 26, 1-3:30pm. Redmond
- Wednesday Jan 29, 6:30-9pm. Issaquah