Please enable cookies in your web browser.
“How do I get enough protein and how much should I consume daily?” “What kind of vegetable proteins are there and how do I cook with them?” These and more questions about a vegetarian diet will be discussed, as well as the nutritional aspects of vegetable proteins, and why protein is important in our diets. Birgitte will cook with some of the most abundant protein sources, such as lentils, beans, tempeh, tofu, nuts and seeds, and show you how to use them in varied ways. You will sample Coconut Lentil Soup; Tempeh Bolognese; Herb Tofu Kofta; Fresh Herb and Vegetable Nut Loaf; and Crazy Bean Chili. Vegetarian; no dairy, eggs or gluten.
Members: $35, Non-members: $40
- Tuesday Mar 4, 6:30-9pm. Issaquah
- Wednesday Mar 5, 6:30-9pm. Edmonds
- Thursday Mar 6, 6:30-9pm. Redmond
- Wednesday Mar 12, 6:30-9pm. Issaquah
- Thursday Mar 13, 6:30-9pm. West Seattle
- Friday Mar 14, 6:30-9pm. Greenlake Aurora