Zucchini "Noodles" with Spicy Almond Sauce
Try this if you like spicy Thai-style noodles with peanut sauce.
- 4 medium zucchini, finely sliced (use a mandoline for spaghetti-type noodles or use a carrot peeler to make fettuccini-type noodles) Add to list
- 1 cup chopped snow pea pods Add to list
- 3 scallions, sliced Add to list
- 1/2 cup almond butter Add to list
- 1 cup canned coconut milk Add to list
- 1 tablespoon tamari Add to list
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup Add to list
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil Add to list
- Juice of 1 lime Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or a pinch of cayenne pepper Add to list
- Pinch of sea salt Add to list
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish Add to list
Combine zucchini, snow peas and scallions in a medium bowl and set aside.
In a high-speed blender, combine almond butter, coconut milk, tamari, maple syrup, ginger, sesame oil and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Add garlic, red pepper flakes or cayenne and salt. Pulse briefly to blend.
Pour sauce over zucchini noodle mixture and mix well. Garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately or keep covered in refrigerator for up to three days.
Each serving: 410 cal, 35 g fat (13 g sat), 0 mg chol, 680 mg sodium, 23 g carb, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, April 2013