Zucchini Muffins with Cranberries and Pecans
Yield: Makes 12 regular or 24 small muffins
These muffins are dense, moist and gorgeously fragrant. They freeze beautifully so you can make a large batch when zucchini is at its peak, and delight your family and guests throughout the winter months.
- 2 cups unbleached white flour Add to list
- 3/4 cup sugar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon orange zest Add to list
- 2 large eggs, beaten Add to list
- 2/3 cup milk Add to list
- 1/2 cup melted butter or vegetable oil Add to list
- 1 cup packed, shredded, peeled zucchini Add to list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (see note) Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans Add to list
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest in a large mixing bowl. Beat together the eggs, milk and butter or oil. Make a well in the center of the ingredients and pour in the milk and egg mixture. Stir until barely combined and fold in the zucchini, cranberries and pecans. Spoon into well-greased muffin tins. Bake for 12 to15 minutes for small muffins and 20 to 25 minutes for large muffins. The muffins will be very moist inside.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on September 12, 2009.