Zucchini Hummus with Home-spiced Chips
Serves: 4 to 6
This is an easy way to get more vegetables into snack time and it's so simple to make.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed Add to list
- 2-inch strip of kombu seaweed, soaked in water, drained and chopped Add to list
- 1 small zucchini Add to list
- 1 garlic clove, chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach or parsley Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika Add to list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice Add to list
- Home-spiced Chips Add to list
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until desired consistency is reached. Serve with Home-spiced Chips.
For a lower fat version, save 1/4 cup liquid from the beans and use it to replace the olive oil in the recipe.
Source: Demonstrated on the PCC Cooks stage at Vegfest 2011.
Recipe adapted from The Gastrokid Cookbook by Hugh Garvey and Matthew Yeomans (Wiley, 2009).