Yield: one 9-inch pie
- 3 eggs (or 5 egg whites plus 2 teaspoons oil, or equivalent of three eggs following directions on Ener-G powdered Egg Replacer) Add to list
- 1/3 cup honey (or other choice) Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat yogurt (or soy yogurt) Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups raisins, chopped (or figs!) Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground mace, nutmeg, cardamom and coriander Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons light rum, or substitute rum flavoring optional Add to list
- 1 unbaked pie crust Add to list
Beat eggs; add sweetener and continue beating until light; fold in yogurt; add raisins; spices, juice and rum and mix lightly but thoroughly. Pour into unbaked crust. Bake for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350°F and bake 35 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Source: Recipe adapted from "Rodale's Basic Natural Foods Cookbook."