Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 fist-sized amount of Jerusalem artichokes (white or purple) unpeeled Add to list
- 1 small turnip, scrubbed and trimmed, unpeeled Add to list
- 1 small rutabaga, scrubbed and trimmed, unpeeled Add to list
- 1 broccoli stalk (not flowered crown), peeled Add to list
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley for garnish Add to list
Scrub, then thinly slice Jerusalem artichokes. Place in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice. Cut turnip and rutabaga in quarters, then in small, thin slices. Add to bowl and toss. Remove slices, arrange on plate, garnish with parsley and serve with your choice of dip. Try with a yogurt, tofu-based or bean dip — or munch 'em just as they are!
Variation: Grate a bit of beet root and sprinkle on top.
Recipe by, January 2001