Wild Baby Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette and Candied Walnuts
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh, or frozen and thawed are fine) Add to list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 3 tablespoons unrefined olive oil Add to list
- 6 cups mixed baby greens Add to list
- 1 cup raw walnut halves Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1/8 cup dark agave syrup Add to list
Put raspberries and vinegar in blender and blend on high; add olive oil while the blender is running and continue processing for another 30 seconds to 1 minute, until smooth.
Put clean greens either in a mixing bowl or on individual serving plates. Heat the walnuts in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Stir every minute or so, and cook until fragrant and toasted (about 5 minutes). Add salt, then agave syrup. Stir and turn off the heat. Continue to stir until the nuts are “candied.”
Pour dressing over greens and top with the walnuts. They’re nice served warm on top of the cool salad. Try this with sliced or grated apple, or with a bit of feta cheese on top.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor and owner of Tiffany’s Healing Foods
Source: Sound Consumer May 2009