Whole Spice-crusted Moroccan Chicken
Serves: 4 to 6
I am a great believer in creating your own spice blends and rubs. Fresh spices are full of aromatic oils and will really change the personality of your dish!
- 1/2 stick cinnamon, crushed Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds Add to list
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds Add to list
- 3 whole cloves Add to list
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds) Add to list
- Olive oil for brushing Add to list
- Pomegranate Plum Reduction Sauce Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Place all whole spices, lemon zest and salt in a spice grinder or mortar and grind to a coarse blend.
Lightly brush the chicken with oil and sprinkle spice blend evenly over the surface. Rub it in to blend with the oil.
Place the chicken in a roasting pan and roast for about 1 hour, until the internal temperature is 165° F.
Rest for 15 minutes and carve. Serve with Pomegranate Plum Reduction Sauce on the side, if desired.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired March 16, 2011.