Whole Roasted Chicken with Plums
Serves: 4 to 6
The mild flavor of the plums will concentrate during roasting, while plenty of garlic and rosemary keep the dish from tasting too sweet.
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken Add to list
- Olive oil, for drizzling Add to list
- 1 orange, zested and halved Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried coriander Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- A few sprigs fresh rosemary, divided Add to list
- 8 firm-ripe plums, halved and pitted Add to list
- 4 shallots, peeled and halved Add to list
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or white wine Add to list
Preheat the oven to 425° F.
Drizzle chicken with oil and sprinkle with orange zest, coriander, salt and pepper. Stuff the cavity with the halved orange a few sprigs of rosemary.
Place chicken breast side up in a roasting pan or a large ovenproof skillet. Roast for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° F and roast for an additional 20 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices.
Meanwhile, toss together plums, shallots, garlic, honey, stock or wine and a few more rosemary sprigs. Arrange plum mixture around chicken. Roast, basting occasionally with pan juices, until the internal temperature of the chicken taken with an instant-read thermometer reaches 165° F, an additional 20 to 30 minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes before carving.
480 cal, 24g fat (6g sat), 165mg chol, 320mg sodium, 21g carb, 2g fiber, 16g sugars, 43g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef