White Bean and Roasted Fennel Salad with Honey-Miso Dressing
Serves: 4 to 6
This salad speaks for itself, both visually and with its flavor.
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and coarsely chopped, leaves reserved Add to list
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated and sliced into thick slivers Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper Add to list
- 3 cups cooked white beans (cannellini or navy) Add to list
- Honey-miso dressing Add to list
- 8 large cherry tomatoes, quartered Add to list
Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, toss fennel, red onion, and garlic with olive oil to coat. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast, stirring every 20 minutes for 1 hour, or until vegetables are lightly browned.
In a large bowl, combine the beans, roasted vegetables, and half the honey-miso dressing. Toss to mix well. Add the cherry tomatoes and toss gently with remaining dressing. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Garnish with reserved fennel leaves. If you have time, let the salad stand at room temperature for an hour before serving, tossing occasionally, to allow the flavors to develop.
For Honey-Miso Dressing
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well blended.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Source: Sound Consumer August 2002
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »