White Bean and Fennel Antipasto Salad
Use our Lemon-Herb Dressing in this bean salad.
- 12 ounces dried cannellini beans Add to list
- 1/2 onion Add to list
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut in half Add to list
- 1 small leek, rinsed to remove dirt Add to list
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 2 heads fennel, sliced and green fronds reserved Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 cups sliced celery Add to list
- 1/2 cup Pickled Garlic Add to list
- 1/2 red onion, sliced Add to list
- Lemon-Herb Dressing Add to list
Remove any stones or dirt from the beans. Cover with cold water and soak overnight in the refrigerator. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
Place the beans in a large pot and cover with water. Add onion, carrot, leek, thyme, bay leaf and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 1/2 hours. Drain, rinse and remove aromatics.
Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
Toss together sliced fennel, olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a sheet pan and roast in the oven until tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine cooked beans, roasted fennel, celery, Pickled Garlic, red onion and reserved fennel fronds. Toss gently to coat with Lemon-Herb Dressing. Chill until ready to serve.
This salad can be prepared the day before and kept refrigerated. The flavors will continue to develop as it rests.
Source: 2013 PCC annual meeting dinner
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »