Wheat-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Try this deliciously crispy, wheat-free, all-vegan version of everyone’s favorite treat. These cookies bake quickly, so watch closely so they don’t become overdone.
- 1 3/4 cups organic Fairhaven oat flour Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon flax meal Add to list
- 1/4 cup organic soy milk Add to list
- 1/4 cup natural Muscovado light brown sugar Add to list
- 1/2 cup sugar Add to list
- 1/3 cup organic canola or coconut oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Add to list
- 3/4 cup Sunspire organic chocolate chips Add to list
Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flax meal and soymilk. Stir in sugar, add oil and vanilla, and whisk vigorously until all ingredients are emulsified (about a minute). Mix wet ingredients into dry, fold in chocolate chips.
Drop batter by the tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet, leaving 1 1/2 inches of space between cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 375º F. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Using a spatula, put them on a cooling rack or plate to cool.
Source: Sound Consumer May 2005