Warm Root Vegetable Salad with Hazelnuts, Chèvre and Balsamic
Serves: 4 to 6
This is a beautiful presentation for a light lunch or as the first course to a cozy dinner. So pretty, so healthy! Use any of the myriad of beautiful root vegetables you love.
- 3 carrots, peeled Add to list
- 2 parsnips, peeled Add to list
- 1 turnip, peeled Add to list
- 1 red beet, peeled Add to list
- 1 garnet or jewel yam, peeled Add to list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts Add to list
- Salad greens Add to list
- 4 to 6 ounces chèvre or feta cheese Add to list
- Balsamic vinegar Add to list
- Crusty bread, for serving Add to list
Preheat your oven to 400° F. Coarsely cut all the vegetables into 3/4-inch squares and toss them in the olive oil. Generously season with salt and pepper.
Spread the mixture in a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes. Add the hazelnuts to the vegetable mixture and continue roasting for 5 minutes longer or until the yams are fork tender and the mixture is caramelized around the edges.
Divide the greens between 4 to 6 salad plates. Place a mound of chèvre or feta in the center of each plate and scatter the vegetables and hazelnuts around. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or your favorite vinaigrette.
Serve with great crusty bread and olive oil for dipping!
Recipe by, PCC Chef