Warm Rhubarb Vinaigrette
Use this vinaigrette in the recipe for Roasted Asparagus and Wild Halibut Salad with Chèvre and Warn Rhubarb Vinaigrette.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (divided) Add to list
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped rhubarb Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts Add to list
- 2 tablespoons dried sour Washington state cherries Add to list
- 3 tablespoons honey Add to list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste Add to list
In a sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of the oil and sauté the shallots and thyme for 1 to 2 minutes or until a little golden on the edges.
Add the rhubarb, hazelnuts and cherries and cook for 1 minute more. Pour in the honey, red wine vinegar and the remaining olive oil.
Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on April 16, 2011.
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.