Warm Potato Salad with Goat Cheese
Soft goat cheese melts into the dressing when tossed with the hot potatoes.
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or sherry vinegar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice Add to list
- Salt, to taste Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1 small or medium garlic clove, minced or pureed Add to list
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (for a low-fat dressing, use 1/4 cup yogurt or buttermilk and 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil) Add to list
For the salad
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling, Yukon Gold, red or purple potatoes, washed Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste Add to list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion, rinsed with cold water and drained Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley Add to list
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese Add to list
- 2 to 3 sage leaves, cut in thin slivers (optional) Add to list
To make the dressing
Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, salt, mustard and garlic. Whisk in the olive oil. Taste and adjust seasonings. You can make the dressing several hours in advance.
To make the salad
Cut the potatoes into 3/4-inch slices. Steam above 1 inch of boiling water until tender but not mushy, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and while still hot toss in a bowl with salt and pepper, the red onion, parsley, goat cheese and the dressing. Sprinkle the sage over the top and serve.
Each serving: 233 cal, 15.9g fat (4.1g sat), 10mg chol, 438mg sodium, 19.2g carb, 2.1g fiber, 5.2g protein
Source: Sound Consumer, June 2011