Warm Mustard Greens with Miso-Tamarind Tofu
Bold, hearty and nutritious. Substitute arugula, spinach or any combination of greens that suit your taste. Serve with brown rice. Stir-fry or use a regular fry pan.
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger Add to list
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely minced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons chickpea miso Add to list
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- 6 tablespoons water Add to list
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed Add to list
- 2 to 3 teaspoons oil Add to list
- 1 large bunch greens, washed and coarsely chopped Add to list
In a large bowl, mix ginger, garlic, miso, tamarind, tomato paste, salt, pepper and water. Add tofu and gently mix well. Let sit for 15 minutes. (If you have the time, marinate 1 to 2 hours or overnight). In a wok or fry pan, heat oil until very hot. Add tofu and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Push tofu to side of wok. Add greens and cook until wilted. Mix tofu and greens until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »