Warm Mustard Greens with Miso-Tamarind Tofu
Bold, hearty and nutritious. Substitute arugula, spinach or any combination of greens that suit your taste. Serve with brown rice. Stir-fry or use a regular fry pan.
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger Add to list
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely minced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons chickpea miso Add to list
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- 6 tablespoons water Add to list
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed Add to list
- 2 to 3 teaspoons oil Add to list
- 1 large bunch greens, washed and coarsely chopped Add to list
In a large bowl, mix ginger, garlic, miso, tamarind, tomato paste, salt, pepper and water. Add tofu and gently mix well. Let sit for 15 minutes. (If you have the time, marinate 1 to 2 hours or overnight). In a wok or fry pan, heat oil until very hot. Add tofu and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Push tofu to side of wok. Add greens and cook until wilted. Mix tofu and greens until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by, former PCC staff