Vegetable Barley Salad
- 2 cups water Add to list
- 1 cup pearled barley Add to list
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage Add to list
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage Add to list
- 2 carrots, grated Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
Bring water to a boil in a medium-size saucepan. Add the barley, cover the pan, lower the heat and cook for about 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
Transfer the barley to a colander and rinse it with cold water until it cools. Mix the barley with the remaining ingredients and serve.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Demonstrated on the PCC Cooks stage at Vegfest 2013.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »