Vegan Aioli for Grilled Artichokes
Yield: About 1 1/2 cups
Chef Birgitte Antonsen serves this aioli with a combination of tender grilled artichoke and a fresh-fruit salsa.
- 1 package firm silken tofu (8 ounces) Add to list
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste Add to list
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup Add to list
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro* Add to list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, optional Add to list
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until a creamy consistency.
* Substitute the cilantro with any fresh herb you like.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer March 2002