Vanilla Maple Pudding
A yummy treat with the added bonus of getting more soy into your diet!
- 1 package firm silken tofu (12.3-ounces) Add to list
- 1/4 cup canola oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup maple syrup Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice Add to list
- Pinch salt Add to list
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder Add to list
- 1 cup vanilla rice or soy milk Add to list
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract Add to list
- 1 cup organic apple juice (may substitute peach or pear) Add to list
- 1 tablespoon agar flakes Add to list
- Fresh strawberries or blueberries for garnish Add to list
In a food processor, blend tofu, oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and salt. Blend until very smooth, at least one minute, scraping down sides once or twice. Pour into large mixing bowl and set aside. In a measuring cup, dissolve arrowroot in milk and set aside.
Heat juice over low heat in a saucepan. Add agar and stir with a whisk until flakes are completely dissolved. This may take several minutes, so be patient. When flakes are dissolved, add milk mixture to juice and continue to stir until mixture thickens. Keep heat at fairly low temperature. You want it just hot enough before it boils.
Add juice to tofu mixture, add vanilla and mix well. Pour into individual serving dishes. Garnish with berries while still warm. Serve as is or refrigerate until more firmly set.
Recipe by, former PCC staff