Ume Plum Braised Greens
- 1 teaspoon olive oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot or onion Add to list
- 4 to 6 cups washed and chopped tender greens (collard, kale, mustard, beet, dinosaur or Swiss chard in any combination) Add to list
- 1 tablespoon (or more to taste) ume plum paste Add to list
- 1/4 cup apple cider Add to list
- Freshly ground black pepper Add to list
In a heavy pot, heat the oil and sauté the shallots or onion until translucent. Add the greens, ume plum paste, apple cider and pepper. Cover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt if desired.
You may add a sprinkling of sushi-style pickled ginger during the cooking process for a little more zest.
Recipe by, PCC Chef