Pappardelle with Peas, Hazelnuts and White Beans
Serves: 4 to 6
The textures and flavors of this dish are so bright and fresh, and the combination of the sparkling green peas with the deep purple chive blossom garnish is gorgeous.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 cup shelled green peas Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage Add to list
- 2 cups cooked white beans Add to list
- 2 to 3 cups cooked pappardelle pasta Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts Add to list
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes Add to list
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley or fresh basil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chive blossoms Add to list
- Juice of 1/2 lemon Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste Add to list
- Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese Add to list
In a wide sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat and add the peas, garlic and sage. Cook for a few seconds until aromatic. Toss in the white beans, pappardelle, hazelnuts and tomatoes. Add the chicken or vegetable broth and cook gently until heated through.
Toss in the parsley or basil and chive blossoms. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with shaved Parmigiano.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated at the Pike Place Market Flower Festival, May 9, 2010.