Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes
Yield: 1 dozen
For the meatloaf:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil Add to list
- 1/2 onion, diced Add to list
- 2 stalks celery, diced Add to list
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds Add to list
- 2 pounds ground dark turkey Add to list
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs Add to list
- 2 eggs Add to list
- 3 splashes Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/2 cup prepared marinara sauce Add to list
For the mashed potato “icing”:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion, celery and carrot until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, marjoram and fennel seeds; cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
Combine vegetable mixture, ground turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Divide meatloaf evenly among prepared muffin cups, gently pressing mixture down into cups so they are completely full; spoon marinara sauce over each meatloaf.
Bake until a thermometer inserted into the center of a meatloaf reads 165° F, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn on the broiler.
Meanwhile, whip together mashed potato “icing” ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Fill a plastic sandwich bag with potato mixture and cut open one corner of the bag at an angle (you also may use a pastry bag with a large star tip). Pipe potato icing on top of each meatloaf. Place under the broiler until potatoes are lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
Each cupcake: 220cal, 10g fat (3g sat), 85mg chol, 270mg sodium, 15g carb, 2g fiber, 18g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »