Turkey and Squash Risotto
Use your leftover turkey and squash or pumpkin to make this warming and hearty dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 onion, finely diced Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme Add to list
- 2 cups Arborio rice Add to list
- 1/2 cup white wine Add to list
- 6 to 8 cups hot chicken stock Add to list
- Salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 pound cooked turkey, shredded Add to list
- 2 cups cooked and cubed butternut squash or pumpkin Add to list
- 2 cups baby spinach Add to list
- 2 ounces fresh chèvre, crumbled Add to list
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, sage and thyme; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour rice into pan and stir to coat with oil. Continue stirring rice until the edges are translucent and rice smells toasted, about 3 minutes. Deglaze with white wine and simmer until reduced.
Add hot stock, one cup at a time, stirring constantly until absorbed. Continue adding stock until rice is tender and creamy, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in turkey, squash, spinach and chèvre; heat through. Serve immediately.
Each serving: 470 cal, 13g fat (3.5g sat), 55mg chol, 910mg sodium, 59g carb, 5g fiber, 26g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »