Traditional Caesar Salad Dressing
Use this dressing in the recipe for Fire-grilled Caesar Salad with Wild Alaskan Salmon.
- 1 whole egg, coddled (see note) Add to list
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves Add to list
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped Parmigiano Reggiano cheese Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1 anchovy fillet Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (or more to taste) Add to list
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Black pepper to taste Add to list
- Dash of cayenne (optional) Add to list
Place all of the ingredients except the oil in a food processor and puree. With the machine running, add the oil through the feed tube in a steady stream until the dressing is creamy.
Season to taste with black pepper and cayenne if desired.
To coddle an egg, place it in barely simmering water for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes (no longer). This will bring the egg to a safe temperature. Remove it and immediately crack it into a bowl. The white may turn a bit translucent, but it will still serve as a perfect base for emulsion.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.