Yield: About 1 1/2 cups
Delicious served on pork chops, with a steak or on top of quinoa cakes.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced red onion Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon orange zest Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar Add to list
- 3 whole tomatoes, diced, plus juice, or one 14.4-ounce can Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes Add to list
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan. Add onion, rosemary and salt and cook until the onions start to brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the brown sugar, orange zest, oregano and basil, along with the vinegar; reduce sauce to a glaze. Add the tomatoes and cook to a jam consistency, about 10 minutes longer.
Each serving: 60 cal, 2.5g fat (0g sat), 0mg chol, 105mg sodium, 10g carb, 1g fiber, 1g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, August 2012